We have appeared as counsel in arbitrations for both institutional and private clients in a diverse range of subject matters involving expropriation of investment properties, breach of shareholders’ agreement, and technology-related disputes.
We are familiar with the arbitration rules of leading local and international arbitration centres, including the Singapore International Arbitration Centre and International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes. Apart from arbitration proceedings, we are well-versed in the enforcement of arbitral awards under the Arbitration Act or International Arbitration Act, and have robust partnerships with experienced arbitration specialists globally.
- Acted as counsel in an SIAC administered international arbitration involving a shareholder dispute in a real estate fund management company and Kuwaiti counter-party investors with the value in dispute quantified at US$15 million.
- Acted as counsel in an SIAC administered international arbitration involving a technology systems implementation dispute between an Indonesian manufacturer and an Indian IT Consultancy with the value in dispute quantified in excess of US$14 million.
- Acted as counsel in an SIAC administered international arbitration involving an IP technology dispute between a listed Chinese technology company and a Belarussian cryptocurrency company for injunctive reliefs.
- Acted as counsel in an investor-state arbitration administered by International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID) between a Singaporean-Chinese businessman and the People’s Republic of China for the expropriation of investment properties estimated at US$1.5 billion.
- Acted as counsel in an SIAC administered arbitration involving a software solutions provider and competing groups of shareholders who were seeking a winding up order and relief from minority oppression under section 216 of the Companies Act.