We represent clients ranging from high net worth individuals to large corporate institutions in disputes on diverse areas of the law including bank-customer disputes, injunctive relief, contractual claims, defamation, misrepresentation, and negligence liability.
We possess significant trial experience at the High Court and District Court as well as noteworthy appearances in the Court of Appeal and Appellate Division of the High Court.
- Successfully acted for an Indonesian high net worth individual in the High Court (General Division) against a claim for approximately S$14 million and premised on an oral agreement: reported in Urip Cahyadi v Henry Surya  SGHC 94.
- Acted for a political party in the High Court against its former member in a dispute involving the construction of the disciplinary provisions contained in the party constitution, with the matter amicably settled at mediation (2022).
- Acted for a Malaysian businessman in the High Court and successfully renegotiated payment terms for a US$300,000 debt (2022).
- Acted for the wife in the Family Court to resist the husband’s application to amend the statement of claim in the divorce proceedings: reported in VQZ v VRA  SGFC 69.
- Successfully acted for a foreign national in the High Court against an international casino operator to set aside irregular foreign service of the writ of summons (2020).
- Acted for a subsidiary proprietor in the High Court against the management corporation of a residential condominium to challenge the chairman’s conduct of the annual general meeting: reported in Chan Sze Ying v Management Corporation Strata Title Plan No 2948 (Lee Chuen T’ng, intervener)  SGHC 88.
- Successfully acted for a former television actress in the District Court against a claim brought by a security company for libel arising out of a publication in a Chinese-language daily: reported in Certis Cisco Security Pte Ltd v Ho Seng Mui  SGDC 243.