We are specialists in litigating and resolving employment-related disputes, having regularly advised and represented both employers and employees in the High Court. Our team of counsel is well-versed in extracting maximum leverage in litigation involving unfair dismissal, recovery of salary and expense reimbursement as well as breach of confidentiality and non-compete clauses.
We regularly act for medium- to senior-level employees against publicly listed employers and international businesses to secure the best interests of our clients, with the aim of resolving disputes in a manner advantageous to our clients.
- Acted for a star freight trader of Shell Eastern Trading (Pte) Ltd in a claim involving constructive dismissal and the tort of unlawful means conspiracy, inducing breach of contract and malicious falsehood at the General Division and the Appellate Division of the High Court: reported in Dong Wei v Shell Eastern Trading (Pte) Ltd and another  SGHC(A) 8; Dong Wei v Shell Eastern Trading (Pte) Ltd and another  SGHC 123.
- Successfully acted for two former senior director-defendants of an India-based private equity firm in a High Court suit involving six individuals and entities. The matter involved applications for injunctive reliefs, allegations of breach of confidentiality, attempts to stay proceedings in favour of arbitration and foreign service on parties out of jurisdiction; with the matter satisfactorily resolved in the clients’ favour in 3 months (2020).
- Successfully acted for five defendant-employees in the High Court to resist a claim brought by a listed insurance company who was seeking to enforce employees’ confidentiality obligations (2019).
- Acted for the Chief Financial and Chief Revenue Officers of a company in the High Court against a claimant investor claiming recovery of monies from an insolvent company: reported in Oh Bernard v Six Capital Investments Ltd (in liquidation) and others  SGHC 42.
- Acted for a software solutions company in the High Court against its former Chief Executive Officer in a claim involving breach of employee and director duties (2019).
- Successfully acted for an employee of a defensive technology company in the High Court to resist claims for breach of employee’s duties and enforcement of express non-competition and confidentiality clauses brought by a former employer. Successfully obtained judgment to recover unpaid salary and expense reimbursement: reported in HT SRL v Wee Shuo Woon  5 SLR 245.
- Successfully acted for two senior directors against their former employer in the High Court, notably resulting in the first Singapore decision that considers the availability and ambit of “springboard” injunctions to prevent misuse of confidential information: reported in Jardine Lloyd Thompson Pte Ltd v Howden Insurance Brokers (S) Pte Ltd and others  5 SLR 258.