Our team has many years of experience at the criminal bar, and regularly conducts the defence of accused persons involved in blue and white-collar crimes at all levels of the Singapore Courts.
We are well-versed in every aspect of criminal procedure and strive to obtain the very best results for clients facing criminal investigations or prosecutions under the Penal Code or legislation such as the Computer Misuse Act, Endangered Species (Import and Export) Act, Immigration Act, Infectious Diseases Act and Prevention of Corruption Act.
Apart from accused persons, we are often sought after to advise and represent corporate clients and their officers on criminal liabilities attaching to online publications. We are also routinely retained as external counsels to leading international companies to navigate the local legal landscape.
- Defended an individual in the District Court who was charged with contravening the Computer Misuse Act, theft of his ex-girlfriend’s credit card under section 378 and giving false information under section 203 of the Penal Code (2022).
- Defended a male nurse in the District Court who was charged with outrage of modesty under section 354 of the Penal Code (2022).
- Appeared before the Court of Appeal to an accused in the ancillary application under section 251 of the Criminal Procedure Code for the appropriate committal orders to be made, following his acquittal of the murder charge on the ground of unsoundness of mind: reported in Tan Kok Meng v Public Prosecutor  2 SLR 403.
- Defended a fireproofing cladding supplier and its director in the District Court who was charged with cheating under section 420 of the Penal Code (2021).
- Defended a director in the District Court who was charged under section 420 of the Penal Code and section 6 of the Prevention of Corruption Act for taking kickbacks during the procurement process of various subsidiary companies of a local university (2021).
- Successfully defended a private limited company and its director in a landmark case before a specially constituted five-member Court of Appeal concerning a prosecution under the Endangered Species (Import and Export) Act: reported in Kong Hoo (Pte) Ltd and another v Public Prosecutor  1 SLR 1131; Public Prosecutor v Kong Hoo (Pte) Ltd and another appeal  4 SLR 1291; Public Prosecutor v Kong Hoo (Pte) Ltd and another appeal  4 SLR 421; Public Prosecutor v Wong Wee Keong and another appeal  3 SLR 965; Public Prosecutor v Wong Wee Keong and another  SGDC 300.
- Defended an individual in the District Court and High Court who was charged with failing to disclose his HIV status to his sexual partner, which thereby contravened section 23(1) of the Infectious Diseases Act. The case is notable for considering the scope of an HIV-positive individual’s disclosure obligation under the law and for setting out the sentencing framework for non-disclosure offences brought under section 23: reported in GCP v Public Prosecutor  5 SLR 626; Public Prosecutor v GCP  SGDC 220.
- Advised and represented a Vietnamese aluminium magnate on judicial review and injunctive relief against the Government as a result of a deportation order made under the Immigration Act (2018).
- Advised and represented an alleged key individual in the 1MDB case to obtain a successful outcome (2018).
- Defended an individual in the District Court who was charged with cheating and contraventions of the Computer Misuse Act in a ship bunkering case (2018).
- Defended the former principal of a secondary school in the District Court and High Court in a prosecution for criminal breach of trust by a servant, which is notable for setting out the sentencing framework for offences brought under sections 406 and 408 of the Penal Code: reported in Tan Kim Hock Anthony v Public Prosecutor and another appeal  2 SLR 795; Public Prosecutor v Tan Kim Hock Anthony  SGDC 114.